Imagine that it’s the day of your wedding. Everything is going smoothly, and you look absolutely fabulous. Then, all of a sudden, a stray piece of hair escapes from your impeccable updo and you can’t get the strap on your dress to stay put. Luckily for you, your bridesmaids come to your rescue. Whipping a bobby pin and safety pin out of a bag put on standby for emergencies only, the stray piece of hair is fixed and your strap is securely pinned.
When it comes to fashion emergencies like this, it’s always best to be prepared! And why not prepare yourself with an adorable Fashion Emergency Kit with all of the beauty essentials that you could ever need for your big day? Emergency Kits are a fun and easy way to prevent that last minute fashion crisis, and they can be reused or kept in your purse after the wedding. Not to mention, it’s another excuse to buy more lip gloss, and these can make a cute and useful gift for your bridesmaids.
Here are my suggestions for the perfect Fashion Emergency Kit:
1. Bobby pins are the ultimate remedy for hair emergencies. Whether it’s that stray piece of hair that won’t stay put, the intricate updo that is starting to feel a little loose or the hot sun daring you to pin part of your hair up, this fashion tool has you covered.
2. When it comes to hair styling, humidity is my ultimate enemy. If I don’t spray my hair before I walk outside on a rainy or hot summer day, chances are that my hair is going to look like something out of a horror movie. Luckily enough, they make mini hairspray bottles that could fit perfectly inside of a fashion emergency kit (or your everyday purse if you live in Alabama humidity like I do). This Bumble and Bumble spray is my go to when the weather is being tricky.
3. “A woman’s perfume tells more about her than her handwriting.” – Christian Dior thought perfume was an important aspect of a woman’s fashion, and I agree! You never know when you’re going to need a spritz of your favorite scent, so keeping a mini bottle on standby is always a good idea.
4. Staying minty fresh all day long is a must on your wedding day, and this adorable pack of mints has a built in mirror included! With this pack, your pout will stay perfect all day long.
5. For touch ups, include your favorite gloss, lipstick or chapstick in the emergency kit. I personally recommend this Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose, because it’s everything in one! This treatment makes your lips super soft while adding a little extra SPF and a natural pink color to your lips.
6. On a day when wearing white is practically guaranteed, a mini Tide-to-Go pen is a MUST in a Fashion Emergency Kit. With this pen, you’ve got a 911 fashion emergency remedy on hand in case an unexpected spill or accident happens.
7. Safety pins can be a lifesaver when it comes to last second adjustments. When straps won’t stay in place, last minute accidents cause a tear or zipper problems arise, safety pins on hand can save the day.
8. Don’t let a headache or upset stomach get in the way of the big day! Keeping a miniature first aid kit stocked with medicine can keep the aches and pains away.
9. Did you or one of your bridesmaids break a nail while you were getting ready? Don’t sweat it! A mini mani-pedi kit can stop any kind of hand or foot fashion emergency.
10. Finally, each Fashion Emergency Kit needs a stylish bag to hold everything! I’ve had my eyes on this hot pink Kate Spade makeup bag, but you can get really creative with this part of the emergency kit. Small makeup-sized bags work well for the bride and bridesmaids on the go, while larger bags are perfect to hold extra goodies. Personalized bags or a wedding themed bag can be another cute option.
Are you accident prone to fashion emergencies? The awesome thing about Fashion Emergency Kits is that they can be completely personalized. Some other things to consider including after you hit the essentials are tissues, eyeliner, band aids, double sided tape, a lint roller, a mini hairbrush, snacks, a sewing kit, tweezers, makeup kits and baby wipes.
Armed with the perfect emergency kit, you can be ready to tackle any fashion crisis on your wedding day!